Sale page: amazon.com
About this book
Handbook of hedge funds
Hedge funds are the fastest growing sector of the financial industry, and this trend is set to continue. Non technical yet sophisticated, the Handbook of Hedge Funds removes the veil of secrecy that surrounds these often misunderstood investment vehicles. Blending facts, practical tips, and personal insights, written by an expert in the field, it provides a complete analysis of what hedge funds are, how they operate, and how they should be used in a portfolio.
The Handbook of Hedge Funds provides:
- A discussion on the history and regulation of hedge funds
- Detailed analysis of hedge fund strategies illustrated by trade examples from successful hedge fund managers
- A complete guide on the various risk and return statistics used by hedge funds
- A description of existing hedge fund databases and indices.
- An overview of how to use hedge funds in portfolio construction
- New material on structured products and funds of hedge funds
This book includes a foreword by Mark Anson, CIO of Hermes Investments.
Author: François-Serge Lhabitant
FRANÇOIS-SERGE LHABITANT, PhD, is Chief Investment Officer at Kedge Capital in London. He was formerly a Member of Senior Management at Union Bancaire Privée, and prior to this, a Director at UBS/Global Asset Management. On the academic side, he is a Professor of Finance at the University of Lausanne and at EDHEC Business School. His specialist skills are in the areas of alternative investment (hedge funds) and emerging markets. He is the author of several books on these two subjects and has published numerous research and scientific popularisation articles. He is also a member of the Scientific Council of the Autorité des Marches Financiers, the French regulatory body.
There are no reviews yet.